I’m now 30. I had things to do. Did I do them?
The Saucepan List
The slightly shallower, slightly shorter version of a bucket list.
Complete that stupid 30 days of truth thing that I started and never got round to finishing.
Still to do. Um. Yeah. Sorry about that. Bugger. Maybe we can saythat I’ll get in done in the next 30 years?
- Under the influence of the Mother Superior in the Sound of Music, I want to climb every mountain (well, maybe just one) so I can have the obligatory pensive-stare-over-vast-Swiss-vista picture in my Facebook portfolio.
Done. Sort of. The skiing was done. I didn’t get the stare-over-the-vista picture but I did take a million and one “look where I am, I’m up a mountain” pictures.
Yeah, I know, I’m showing off a little bit with these ones, aren’t I?
- Finally follow a recipe word-for-word and see if it works. Dixie Chick does it and her food always turns out fab. I seem to have a “can’t-follow-recipes” gene somewhere. I glance at them, and then make the rest up. (This accounts for a lot.)
- Get my arse in gear and get some photography lessons. I’ve been meaning to do it for a year. I still haven’t got round to it. Maybe Sir Charmsalot and I can start going on regular “taking photos” fun days?
Not done. Bleugh. Too much work (and er… too much going skiing) means that my weekends were spent either preparing for apres or recovering. Not feeling too guilty about this one, I’ll be honest.
- Prepare for my impending old age by learning how to knit. I don’t know why this appeals to me. It just does. I’m claiming early senile dementia.
Not done. No excuses on this one. Just didn’t get round to it.
- Go on a cool group trip somewhere. […] You know, something a little bit different. But fun. And with added wine.
Done. Trip with Bad Influence planned for my birthday. Not exactly a group activity (since it’ll be just the two of us) but it will be different. It will be fun. There will be wine.
- Frame and hang up those photos I had developed. Oh, and put all the other photos into some semblance of order in a photo album.
Not done. The “other” pictures I hung up previously have since fallen off the wall and I’ve never got round to putting them back up again. I bought some frames the other day and meant to get crafty but well… I wasn’t very good at it. So I gave up. *rolls eyes* yep, useless.
- Get in the black for the first time since I was 18 and first totally understood the magic of alcohol.
Assessment: Not too bad. Granted, not great either but I have an excuse in the fact that work has been mental busy for the last three months (as my friends – and the fact I haven’t been blogging – will attest). At least there’s been a little progress. Hasn’t there?
But here it is. I’m now 30. Well there you go.
Thoughtful and no doubt depressed blog post on reaching this milestone tomorrow when I’ve had more time to think about it.
How did you get on?